aZip Pro Help
View and Extract
- Click on "Open exist archive(s)" button or just double click the archive in the recently opened list.
- View the contents in the archive. You can view the items as icons, list, columns or cover flow like you do it in finder.
- Click "Extract" icon (⌘E) on toolbar to extract the whole archive.
- Click "Extract Selected" icon (⇧⌘E) on toolbar to extract selected items.
- Click "Add" (⇧⌘A) and "Delete" (⇧⌘D) icon to modify the items in archive. (for zip or 7zip files)
- Click "Quick Look" icon (space) to show a quick look window to preview selected items.
- Click "Info" icon (⇧⌘I) to show the archive information. Click "Email" icon (⇧⌘M) to create an email with the archive attached.
- For more convenient usage, check "Use aZip Pro with Finder" section.
- Click on "Create a new archive" button.
- Choose the output file format. Now we can support 7Z, ZIP, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP.
- Click on "+" icon to add files. Also you can drag files from finder and drop to the window.
- Select files you don't want compress them and click "-" icon to delete them.
- Set password for your archive or just ignore it. (Not all format can set password. In the case, the password field will be disabled.)
- Click on "Compress" button.
- Name the archive and choose the output path. (Make sure ".tar" part keep in file name for XZ, BZIP2 and GZIP format.)
- Choose compressing fast but large archive or compressing slow but small archive.
- Choose showing in finder, email the result or doing nothing when compressing done.
- Click "Save" button, and wait. Usually, it take just a few seconds.
View and Extract
1. Click on "Open exist archive(s)" button to view contents.
2. Click on "Extract" or "Extract Selected", and choose the output path.
3. Input password if it is necessary.
4. Just wait. The result will show in Finder automatically.
5. Click "Quick Look" icon to show a quick look window.
6. Click "Info" icon to show the archive information.
1. Click on "Create a new archive" button. And drag files to add compressing items.
2. Choose the output file path.
3. Click "Save" button, and wait.
Output location for extracting
You have three options for the output location of the archive:
1. The same folder as archive file. (default option)
This means that the output path will be at the same folder of the archive.
The "choose output path" window will only be shown at the first time for the write permissions.
2. Choose folder everytime
The "choose output path" window will be shown every time.
3. Select a folder
The output path will always be the location you selected.
Extract image files for preview automatically
1.Enable it(default option)
Extract image files in background and show it as icons, as list, as columns or as cover flow.
2. Disable it
Just show the system default file type icon.
Using aZip Pro in Finder
1. Right click an archive file, and choose (services) --> Open with aZip Pro.
2. Right click an archive file, and choose (services) --> Extract with aZip Pro.
3. Right click an archive file, and choose (services) --> Compress with aZip Pro.
4. Right click an archive file, and choose Open With --> aZip Pro.
5. Extract from archive by drag & drop.
6. Add files to archive by drag & drop.